Manages operational systems, processes and policies for regional mines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides overall strategic leadership and oversight for all activities directly related to mining, processing, and transportation of aggregate products to ensure the required materials and products are efficiently produced within budgetary limits; develops and executes intermediate and long term strategies that support the growth of the operation.
• Engages maintenance, training, mining, processing, and other operations programs
• Evaluates existing policies and procedures to identify and resolve issues needing improvement.
• Meets operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; advising on capital purchases; scheduling expenditures; reviewing financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective action.
• Ensures that safety, health and environmental legal and company standards are complied with, emphasizing safety as a top priority.
• Oversees equipment maintenance programs and mine training programs.
• Establishes performance metrics and assesses the performance of the mine sites and processing plants; reviews progress to ensure achievement of targets; develops strategies for increasing productivity.
• Works closely with Sales and Marketing personnel to position the company as a preferred supplier of aggregates.
• Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities
• Manages Environmental Health and Safety to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
• Performs other directly related appropriate duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
• Actively promotes and personally observes safety procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Strong sense of responsibility; understanding of business implications of decisions.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively in generating solutions.
• Strong project management skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Operations or another related field preferred.
• 7 years’ experience in a key operations leadership/management role in the Mining (Rock and minerals) Industry
• Multiple site management
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Key operations leadership / management role in the Mining / Minerals Industry: 7 years