Our client, a leading fashion company that designs and markets men’s fashion apparel, is seeking a motivated/driven Merchandiser to join their team. If your career goal is to join a leading edge, global company that will provide great opportunities for career advancement, then look no further!
This position will partner with the Design & Merchandising team to create & execute seasonal concepts through to line release. This position relies heavily on the ability to communicate & liaise cross-functionally with global teams in the product development process.
- Ability to perform trend research on design trends, fabric, colour & key items
- Preparation of Presentation Boards
- Present merchandised line to Management based on sales history, trend & line direction
- Work closely with Merchandise Planning / Buying Team to ensure divisional sales requirements are met
- Assist in the execution of Fabrics, Colour, Prototypes & Salesmen Samples
- Participation in research and development of seasonal trends
- Communication of technical details of garments
- Review samples with Fit Specialists
- 5 YRS experience in men’s apparel
- Organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Experience in identifying key trends including styling & colour direction
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Flexible with the ability to self-manage and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to navigate proficiently with fashion related computer software
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Excel, Outlook
Education/Experience: A Degree or Diploma in Fashion Merchandising and/or related work experience.