As the Sweater Designer, you will contribute to our retail clients success by researching trends and
conceptualizing product assortments while ensuring that all elements in style are executable
(the right fabric for the right style) and deliverable on time.
• Achieve all key financial objectives established in the seasonal budget.
• Research trend-right fabrics, stylings, colors and trims on an ongoing basis through store visits,
magazines, trade shows, and trend services.
• Travel to different destinations (North America and overseas).
• Interpret trends by styling for our target customer and present them to the Category
Manager/Buyer and Vice-President of Merchandising.
• Prepare and present monthly styling through boards, magazine cuttings, pictures, fabric
swatches and trims to Category Manager/Buyer and Vice-President of Merchandising.
• Review seasonal architecture with Category Manager/Buyer.
• Conceptualize the assortment and styles meet Category Manager’s/Buyer’s guidelines.
• Work with Production Team and local fabric agents to select and secure desirable fabrics that
will result in optimal value and will allow for the execution of the assortment conceptualized
with the Category Manager/Buyer.
• Collaborate with Production and Merchandising Teams to turn a vision into a merchant product
that can be interpreted and executed, and that adheres to customer expectations and business
criteria (right fabrics, right prices).
• Review and confirm sketches with Category Manager/Buyer to ensure sketches are according to
styles and initial vision, and seek Category Manager’s/Buyer’s approval to set sampling in
• Attend fit sessions as required.
• Fashion Design diploma.
• 10 years experience in product development or fashion design.
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator.
• Fabric and trim knowledge.
• Strong knowledge of textiles and textile structure.
• Import knowledge.
• Great fashion flair.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Bilingual in French and English.