- Communications with overseas makers.
- Developing new styles; identifying the right makers overseas, obtaining product/price information and negotiating price.
- Coordinating sample development: regular follow up on sample approvals, commenting and communicating corrections, ordering salesmen samples, ensuring that deadlines are met, and quality standards are met.
- Constantly following up on order statuses and ensuring delivery dates are respected.
- Preparing garments for fittings, attending fittings to ensure that the quality, fit and styling are in line with specs for both sampling and production.
- Thorough inspection of garments to ensure quality standards are met; coordination of inspections with QC, documentation and clear articulation of problems to overseas makers.
- Working closely with the technical designer to ensure that spec sheets and technical packages are being developed properly for each style (Including reviewing documents before sending to overseas makers).
- 1-3 years of experience working for a women’s fashion importer (Ideally for a company that sells to the multi-brand boutique channel).
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work efficiently, multi-task, prioritize, and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction
- Eagerness to learn
- Good understanding and application of operating processes
- Computer literacy (Windows Operating System) Momentis ERP
- Spoken and written English are mandatory
- Competency in Mandarin (written and/or spoken) is preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be able to work with others or individually when necessary.