Our womenswear client is looking for a talented Fit Spec to join their team!
The Fit Technician will work in close collaboration with the sales and production teams by taking detailed fit and spec measurements, making product recommendations and corrections in order to ensure that the clothing we sell has the best possible fit.
- Participate in fit sessions on mannequins
- Take detailed FIT measurements, enter specs and grading
- Write corrections and recommendations clearly and concisely in order to be understood by overseas suppliers
- Participate in the creation of tech packs when needed
- Communicate with customers and suppliers on a daily basis
- Work with the production and sales departments to produce the best possible fits for our customers
- Train, supervise and develop Junior Fit Technicians
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Fit Technician (import experience preferred)
- Diploma in fashion design or a fashion related field
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction, fit and grading
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Exercise good judgement in all aspects of the job – prioritizing tasks, taking FIT measurements, inspecting garments, etc.