Our fashion retail client is looking for an experienced Fit Spec to add to their growing team! This person will be responsible for technical aspects of the styles, prepares and organizes fit samples. The Fit Spec makes corrections in order to ensure fit and quality standards are achieved and communicates all necessary information within the established timelines.
- Create tech packs for overseas development;
- Educate suppliers in understanding the required pattern-making and construction requisites;
- Develop and implement fit and quality standards by product by category;
- Lead fit sessions with live models;
- Identify and analyze problems, make sound recommendations and take appropriate action;
- Communicate in a timely manner with suppliers any changes, corrections in a clear and concise manner;
- Liaise between designer/coordinator and supplier with necessary updates/ info and delivery risks where applicable;
- Follow-up on the daily communication with suppliers;
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records on sample approvals.
- Diploma in Fashion Design or related field of study;
- 1 or more years of experience as fit technician/patternmaking/grading;
- In-depth knowledge of garment construction and fit;
- Bilingual, with strong spoken and written communication skills in English;
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Outlook and other MS Office applications;
- Knowledge of Illustrator required;
- Knowledge of Pad system is an asset;
- Great organizational skills and a keen attention to detail a must;
- Ability to foster teamwork and contribute in a team environment;
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to prioritize;
- Great organizational skills and a keen attention to detail a must.