Bored at your humdrum job? Looking for a foot in the door to a great company with a family type atmosphere? Have a love of fabrics and production…read on…..
The Fabric Assistant Buyer will be responsible for preparing and maintaining all fabric information and details for bulk fabric purchasing, including: Specifications, suppliers, negotiated pricing and lead times.
- Assist in Purchasing.
- Maintain production fabric report.
- Track all bulk l/dips and strike offs.
- Track and acquire approval of all bulk cuttings and pass to production.
- Coordinate and communicate production fabric quality & aesthetic standards.
- Write out and distribute buy sheets each season.
- Track and maintain all prints and/or fabrics.
- Organize and maintain fabric appointments.
- Prepare and report sample fabric budget.
- Manage and coordinate seasonal pre-production fabric sale.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Fundamental understanding of fibers, yarns, colors, fabric construction and prints as well as import production.