Our client is an American global investment management corporation based in New York City. They have 70 offices in 30 countries with over 13,000 employees worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3 years+ of investment fund related tax experience in a major accounting firm and/or industry.
- This role provide tax compliance and advisory services related to Canadian funds (including Canadian ETFs, retail mutual funds and pooled funds)
- Responsible for management and oversight of external service providers with respect to tax services provided including year-end distributions and tax reporting to ensure funds are in compliance with tax requirements
- Review of mock and final distribution calculations prepared by fund administrators
- Review year-end tax reporting including T3 summary and slips, CDS factors, PFIC statements, etc.
- Review and file tax returns (T3, GST/HST etc.) and ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations applicable to the funds, fund investments and fund shareholders
- Respond to tax inquiries from investors and business partners and provide information required for web site posting and portfolio management
- Act as a contact person with tax authorities including dealing with notice of assessments and audit related matters
- Review tax-related disclosures in fund prospectuses, offering documents, and marketing materials and related legal documents
- Provide lead support on FATCA/CRS for both project implementation and BAU related to Canadian business and funds