Our client, an importer (and soon to be retailer!) of both branded and private label clothing, is looking for a PAYROLL MANAGER. They will be a key member of the finance team, focusing on one area of their business as well as helping out with other responsibilities within the organization.
- Manage payroll for employees in Canada, USA and Europe including retail and warehouse, including both salaried and hourly employees
- Coordinate CNESST, workman’s comp and related issues
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate payroll reports
- Understand and manage proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Update and reconcile monthly statements from ADP
- Prepare periodic and annual government reporting Including DAS, 1% Training and other legislated requirements
- Administration of group insurance
- Preparation of monthly payroll entries
- Ensure vacation and medical leave banks are accurate and up to date
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed and respected
- Monthly commission calculations
- Working on special projects as needed
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a payroll manager
- Proficient user of Excel and Word
- Experience working with ADP
- Experience working with multiple countries and currencies
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Bilingual in French and English (Knowledge of Italian is an asset)