Our client is looking to fill a Maternity Leave position for Import Coordinator. There is a possibility of the position becoming permanent.
- Follow up the garment production from a-z including placing purchase orders, art work, fabric, trims, lab dips, fitting & specification, and all necessary details approval.
- Coordinate all issues along the whole production process.
- Communicate daily with overseas makers to coordinate production process and track delivery status of orders on a daily basis ensuring delivery on schedule;
- Work closely with buyer/ designer on the brand development, provide suggestions on the feasibility and profitability of the new styling;
- Monitor the brand development with maker, ensuring the samples, trims ,fabric all development are in the right track to meet the customer’s needs;
- Knowledgeable on aspects of garment testing
- Understanding the garment construction
- Coordinate with suppliers to go through the factory social compliance approval process;
- Prepare cost sheets to make price comparison
- Follow up the shipment sample approval, booking confirmation, shipping documents etc.,
- Communication with the traffic department to coordinate the shipments and timely deliveries
- Maintains workflow update with relevant information in a timely manner;
- 2-3 years min. experience in apparel industry
- Understanding of production cycle
- Communication skills
- Knowledgeable with garment testing and CDA/USA regulations
- Creative problem solving skills
- Good team cooperation, team player
- Able to work in a fast past environment
- Able to Multi-Task
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft, Illustrator)