Reporting to the President and the Vice-President of the company, and working closely with the designers and the merchandisers, the role of the Head Patternmaker is to organize, coordinate and supervise the work of pattern makers and sample makers (approx. 20 in total). All this while respecting established quality standards, as well as time constraints.
- To be the link between your own teams and the designers and/or merchandiser. This in order to ensure a good interpretation of style details as well as production details on the garments.
- To make sure that the fitting standards of the various collections are well understood and well applied by pattern makers.
- To plan and manage the fitting sessions on professional models
- To ensure follow-up on orders and the respect of delivery deadlines
- To make sure that communication with overseas suppliers is made in a regular and effective way
- To keep teams well informed of quality standards to be respected
- 5+ years experience in a senior pattern making (and pattern corrections) role
- Excellent knowledge of at least one pattern making software (PAD System would be preferable)
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction and fitting
- Excellent organizational capacities
- Skills in interpersonal relations
- Critical thinking and details oriented
- Good sense of priorities
- Quickness of mind and good tolerance to pressure
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Experience in importing
- Good knowledge of Excel and email software
- Bilingual: English and French