Their staff is made up of around 200 full-time employees who are champions of hard work and skill. They thrive in an environment of dedicated teamwork. They believe that their people are their greatest asset.
Human Resources Manager tasks and responsibilities:
- Recruitment and Selection, including preparation of job postings, contracts, and also including administrative duties.
- Involvement in the onboarding process and continued communication with management team during training and development
- Development and implementation of a performance management strategy
- Development and implementation of employee incentive strategies, reward systems, and other retention strategies
- Employee Relations
- Assistance with payroll and benefits administration, which includes new hire paperwork, transfers, promotions and terminations, maintaining HR files, Worker Compensation.
- Partnership and cooperation with the Manager of Health & Safety, work with outside consultants when required.
- Partnership with executive team on business management functions such as marketing & advertising
- Organization of company events
About the Candidate:
We are looking for the candidate to have a strong focus on employee relations and the following core competencies:
Builds Relationships; Intuitive to Business Needs; Takes Initiative; Discretion and Confidentiality; Decision Making; Contributes to Team Success; Facilitates Change; Manages Conflict; Commitment to Learning; Manages Work Independently; Excels in Oral and Written Communication.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Business, with a focus on Human Resources Management
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience as an HR Manager
- CHRP/CHRL designation preferred, or working towards completion
- Experience or knowledge of the fashion industry is preferred