The Accessories Sales Representative is responsible to build relationships with retailers with demonstrated experience in growing and closing sales. This position requires maintaining and growing existing relationships as well as prospecting and developing new accounts, with a focus on building long term customer relationships and increasing sales revenue. The Sales Representative will be evaluated on the ability to meet sales quotas and revenue targets. This position requires proven track record, reliable transportation and an enthusiasm for travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive cold calling and in person visits for the purpose of developing a buying relationship.
- Evaluated on the ability to meet sales quotas and revenue targets, prospecting and developing new and existing accounts, and growing strategic relationships.
- Travel across North America to meet with existing customers, new customers as well as participate in trade shows and market weeks.
- Excellent organizational and reporting abilities, with weekly reports to management.
- Attend via phone, email, or in person, regular sales meetings as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven ability to meet and exceed specified sales goals.
- Strong relationship building and business development skills.
- Skilled in time, territory, and call cycle management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills.
- High energy, stamina, and resourcefulness, with the ability to be on the road
- Driven to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Clear, common sense thinker with critical reasoning skills. Able to obtain information, evaluate alternatives, seek advice, make recommendations, and take action.
- Collaborative/cooperative relations with management and corporate colleagues.
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven success as a Sales professional, bonus points if the experience is with fashion accessories (scarves, gloves, hair accessories, belts)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email).
- Working knowledge of Visual Next an asset