Our client, a Chabanel based importer of clothing for women, is looking for an experienced Senior Fit and Spec Technician to add to their team.
- Create tech packs for all styles to be put into production and coordinate with production manager as to which factories to work with
- Develop and update the fit specifications (File Maker).
- Receive and measure all incoming new fit samples on a daily basis from makers, as well prepare and compare the revised sample to SMS or previous fit in advance of fittings with live model.
- Analyze and adjust fits with designer on live model and/or mannequin.
- Make adjustments to samples to achieve proper fit.
- Create fit sketches or patterns to illustrate the modifications to be made.
- Follow up on specs requirement and ensure approvals are obtained on time to facilitate production.
- Communicate on a daily basis with makers overseas, as well as to update the production report as it pertains to status of patterns for bulk.
- Ensure quality standards are being met
- Work closely with production manager to prioritize workflow and prevent any delay in production.
- Advise the designer about specs and quality for new development when required.
- Review store complaints (fit or quality), organize and maintain shipping samples in an easy access platform for future comparisons.
In order to qualify for this position, you should have a diploma in fashion design. You need to be detail oriented, organized and have experience in overseas communication. You should have a strong working knowledge of fabric and garment construction. Photoshop, illustrator, Momentis, office experience. You should also be bilingual.